We're meeting in person and we're excited to see you!
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Plan to join us in Maine on October 7-9.
Full details are posted on our event website as they become available.
Keynote Speaker: Scott Hanson, author of Restoring Your Historic House
The Annual Meeting features two full days of workshops, hands-on learning opportunities, and directed discussion sessions. On Saturday evening we'll gather for a real Maine lobster bake with a bonus auction to benefit a worthy cause.
There will be vendors on hand to show you window restoration specific products. Before the Annual Meeting, window restoration shops in the New England region will be open for tours.
The WPA is now an approved Continuing Education Provider of the AIA!
Workshops to include:
- Why Sashes Fail & How to Prevent it** - Physics of wood sash
- Storm Windows: What to Do About Condensation & Other Burning Questions**
- Preservation Standards: Understanding Them & How They Help Your Business** - Window standards, National Park standards, my standards- what are they?
- Talking the Talk of Preservation: Using the Correct Terms & Language** - Preservation, restoration, and conservation
- Leaded Glass: Diagnosing & Planning Appropriate Repairs
- Lead it Be: Strategies for Dealing with Lead Paint
- Weatherstripping: Making Old Windows Energy Efficient
- ... and much more
**AIA Continuing Education Credit: 1.00 LU
Register now. Space is limited.
NOTE: IF YOU ARE BRINGING GUESTS, PLEASE REGISTER UNDER ONE PARTY
After August 31
| Full Event*
| Friday Only
|| After August 31
| Full Event*
| Friday Only
| Saturday Only
*Guests (employees, spouses, etc.) may be added on registration form at a discounted price for full event attendance only. Guests pay full price for one-day attendance.
We are following the Maine CDC and Federal CDC guidelines to ensure we are doing what we can on our part to assist in the health and safety of our colleagues and community. We will be sure to have plenty of hand sanitizer available at conference locations, and will keep areas cleaned and sanitized as best we can. If you are not feeling well at conference time, please test yourself for the Covid virus as a courtesy to your fellow attendees. We suggest attendees follow whatever personal safety protocols you are most comfortable with for your own health and safety as you enjoy the conference and the wonderful state of Maine.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS & SUPPORTING PARTNERS
Keynote Speaker, Glaze-A-Palooza, and Community Sponsors
Friends of WPA
Greater Portland Landmarks
Coffee By Design
Portland Architectural Salvage
Old House Parts
Discover Downtown Westbrook
... and many more!